Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little Man's Room

I have slowly been getting the little guy's new 'Big Boy Room' set up. He has been sleeping in his big bed for about a month now, but I didn't have the room anywhere near ready for him. Honestly, I thought we would have to gradually move him in, but he really liked his room and slept through the night the first night. Needless to say, there was no turning back. So, I've been doing things here and there. I painted it a few weeks ago. The color turned out to be more blue than I originally wanted it to be, but it is ok.
My favorite thing so far is the toy storage bin in the corner. Inspired by a pin on Pinterest, we bought some waste baskets at IKEA. Daddy and I sat and drilled holes in them, then zip tied them together one day. Works great in the corner!


And, a close second, is another idea from Pinterest. The fabric book sling.
I found some cute fabric at IKEA and since the little dude is all about cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles, I thought it would be perfect!


I wish I would have thought more about where to put it and how long to make it, but I just followed the tutorial. We'll have to move it at some point, but I think it will work well for now.


Here is another project I did.


My hair lady is moving to Nebraska. So sad to see her go. She has been the only one to cut my hair since I moved to Iowa 6 years ago. She became a great friend to me and I will miss her. I made this little pillow for her.
I was impressed with myself...my first pillow and I thought the piping added that extra special touch. I traced a map on the fabric, then went over it with fabric paint. Then the hearts and connection were embroidered on.
So, that's what I've been up to...have some more projects lined up downstairs, so I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment