Sunday, July 17, 2011

S'mores Bars


So, the other day, I was browsing my new addiction, Pinterest. I love it and find myself using it so much. Anyway, found a post for some S'mores bars. They sounded so good, so I thought I would give them a try. I did make a few changes...basically, I used my recipe for egg-free chocolate chip cookies, so the little man could enjoy the gooey yumminess as well!
So, here is how I did it...
Line a jelly roll pan with graham crackers that are broken in half.
Preheat oven at 375.

Cookie Dough
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon vinegar (I know, sounds weird, but trust me)
2 Tablespoons apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour

In my Kitchen Aid mixer, I cream the softened butter. I add all other ingredients. When mixed well, I add the flour. Once that is all mixed together, fold in:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows

Spoon about a tablespoon of cookie dough over each graham cracker and smoosh it down.
Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Take them out and put a square of Hershey chocolate bar in the middle of each one (I bought a big bar and had to cut each rectangle in half-I still ran out of chocolate). Put back in the oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on rack or eat them while they are warm and gooey!
Hope you enjoy them...great way to have yummy s'mores without the camp fire!


Before they went in the oven...
Adding the chocolate chunks. That would have been the only improvement...more chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment