Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Beach Robe

So, last week Dana over at MADE posted this and I immediately emailed Hubby and asked him to get it for me (since he has a PayPal account)! The digital pattern is AWESOME. I wouldn't expect anything less. Dana is amazing at taking such wonderful pictures and really walking you through each step. I am happy to say that I finished my first beach towel robe this afternoon.
Ta Da!

Got the beach towel at Kohl's for FREE. Well, it was $8, but I had a $10 gift card, so I didn't pay for it! AND, I probably have enough left to make another one...it was a big towel! I can't wait to get it on the little guy and see how it fits. The pattern came with 3 different sizes and I used the medium for him. But, with the first time you do anything, or I do anything, there are little imperfections. Really, the only thing I'm not pleased with is the bias tape on the tie, but hopefully, I'll get better with that. I know exactly what I'm gonna make for my little Hawkeye! You guessed it..I'm gonna get a black towel and I have some great Iowa material I bought from a fabric liquidation to line the hood and hopefully make my own bias tape. I say hopefully, because all of my efforts thus far have failed. If not, there is the perfect shade of gold at Hobby Lobby!

Oh and check out these serged edges...

...not the best picture, but believe me, they look pretty great! I finally busted out that serger and it is the smoothest machine! I want to put gold thread in it for the contrast against the black on my next robe, but I'm scared I won't be able to get the machine threaded. I'll have to look at/study it a little more. I'm so excited!

Well, we're off to get the boy and venture out to Riverside to see what this Trek Fest is all about! I'll post more pics when I finish the next robe!

No comments:

Post a Comment