Sunday, June 19, 2011

Finished Bag and New Project

I finally finished my Amy Butler Cosmo Bag! Didn't get it done for our trip last week to the Dells because I ran into some problems with a skipped step. I skipped the stay stitching step because I didn't understand what it was and just wanted to hurry up and finish. Well, I had to go back and stay stitch around those curves and slit them in order to sew the bag together. I did some research online for some clarification to the directions. I love crafty ladies of the blogosphere. They are so helpful.
Anyway, here is a picture of the bag.


I used it this week to take to the pool for our swim classes. Two beach towels fit in there with lots of room left over for sippy cup, snacks, change of clothes and dry diapers. I can't wait to find some fabric to make another one. I think it will be even better the next time. I will pay attention while cutting and not skip steps! Those were my lessons learned with this project!

So, on to my next project. I found a sew-along for a cute, wavy top tote bag. I'm a few days behind, but I think I'll be able to catch up. Even if I can't, the instructions are all there. It's my first sew-along. Check out the button to the right and join in if you would like. I found some cute material on sale this week, so I hope to get started soon! Here's a sneak peek!



Until next time...

1 comment: