Friday, June 3, 2011

New Project and Recipe!

So, just a little preview of what I'm working on now. I got an Amy Butler book back in March. I finally got the courage up to tackle the Blossom Bag. I think it took me more time to cut out all the pieces and prep them than it did to do the actual sewing. Anyway, it turned out ok. There were a couple of bumps along the way. Keep in mind, the first time you do anything, it is not going to turn out perfect. You will measure wrong, mis-read some instructions or just space out at some point. No worries, there is always something to learn and it gets you thinking about how you can alter the pattern to make it more "you" and in my case, easier to construct! :) Sorry, no picture of it here.
Anyway, I wanted to make this weekend bag from one of my other books, but didn't feel up to tackling it. I was pleased with how the Amy Butler book read, so I decided to try out the Cosmo Bag for weekend trips or to take towels and a change of clothes to the pool.
Here is a finished Cosmo Bag as pictured in her book...


And here is the fabric that I'm using for mine...

I love it! It took me 2 movies to cut out all the pieces the other night. (For the record we watched I Love You, Phillip Morris and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People...both good) And, of course, when I tried to start putting it together, I found that I didn't cut the 8 handles out correctly. I had to change my color scheme and just use what material I had left, so my bag is going to look a little different without contrasting fabrics on the outside, but I think it is still going to look cute! REMEMBER...pay attention to cutting instructions!
Last night, I finished the exterior of the bag, so now I just have to construct the lining and I'll be done...hopefully, this weekend at some point. Shouldn't take long, like I said earlier, the actual sewing part doesn't take long, it's the cutting and prepping that takes FOREVER!

And, now a picture for my sister-in-law. 

We were looking at something on the internets awhile back and we stumbled across this recipe for a Mexican Dorito Casserole found over at Jam Hands. We both thought it looked good and every time I was in the store I would think about it but couldn't remember the ingredients.Well, this week, I made a list and last night we tried it out. Here is a picture right out of the oven...was going to take one on the plate with the rice, corn and tortillas, but the boy was hungry and I just forgot by the time I was able to sit down. Hubby said, "It wasn't bad", but I thought it was really good, especially with the tortillas. I'm having leftovers for lunch today, so we'll see how good it is the second day. Also, I used the Taco Doritos instead of regular Nacho Cheese. They kind of taste like Cheese and Ranch Doritos mixed together. It is a super easy recipe and yummy...not the healthiest, but oh-well!

No comments:

Post a Comment